RUNE STONES - Black Onyx
Comes with a Rune card with meanings.
- Clear your mind.
- Focus on the questions you want answers to.
- Hold the bag of rune stones in your receptive hand.
- With the fingers of your receptive hand, mix up the stones in the bag.
- Whichever way you wish to ask the question, go ahead and do it. It should go like this, ask your question and take a rune stone from the bag.
- Read the symbol written on the stone. That answers your question.
- If you need further clarification, take another stone from the bag and read the symbol on it.
- If you find that you still need clarification, it might be time to place the stone back in the bag and reshuffle them as you rephrase your question.
BLACK ONYX - Protection & Balance
Black onyx, like all black stones, is grounding and protective, bringing about an emotional, physical and intellectual balance. It aids in centering & stabilising physical energy. Onyx is also said to overcome negativity and bitterness of the heart. It heals inner anger, inviting love and the courage to start again making it useful for any kind of emotional trauma.
The historical origins of the runes came from the days when Germanic warbands raided people living south of them, in present day Italy. Scholars debate whether the runes were derived from an Old Italic alphabet or perhaps from an Etruscan script. The Germanic warbands would have brought back the alphabet from those raids to the south.
The Norse people, however, knew that Odin had discovered the runes as he hung himself on Yggdrasil, the world tree, for nine days. During this ordeal, Odin fasted and stared into the Well of Urd, where he perceived the runes.
Runes, then, besides their use as a written code, have magical properties. Runes were often used in magical charms for protection and for healing. They were also used to lay a curse. Runes themselves were thought to carry magical power.